Compound Manager at ZoBio in Leiden (NL)
8 MARCH 2021
ZoBio (www.zobio.com) was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, The Netherlands. ZoBio offers innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 31 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology, and Medicinal Chemistry.
We are currently looking to strengthen our team with a highly motivated Compound Manager, with a track record in Medicinal Chemistry and with experience in the life sciences industry.
- Streamline ZoBio’s internal assay cascade by safeguarding compound inventory, (re)formatting, and quality control
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the ZoBio compound management system and procedures
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing compound shipments to clients and partners
- Registration of compound data in our compound and sample database
- Organize quality control of ZoBio compounds and evaluate QC data.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- HBO (BSc) with three to five (3-5) years of applicable experience within the life sciences industry
- A chemistry education and mindset
- Hands-on experience in compound and sample management and an excellent understanding of
- Experience with compound (bar coded) databases, LIMS systems and electronic lab notebook
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working across multidisciplinary teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility, and ability to improvise and prioritize under (time) pressure
- Self-supporting, independently motivated
- Affinity with computer programming and/or data management
- Experience operating robotic pipetting equipment and plate handling
- Experience writing SOPs and designing QC processes
It is fully expected that you will become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of April 2021.