Technician Assay Development and Screening at ZoBio in Leiden (NL)
24 MARCH 2021
ZoBio was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, Netherlands. We offer innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 31 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Assay Development and Screening team with a technical assistant (BSc/MSc level) with 1-2 years’ laboratory experience in biochemical/biophysical assay development and execution.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assay method development, implementation, and characterization of small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects
- Assisting in preparation of buffers, compounds, and microtiter plates for executing Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) assays, NMR based assays and fluorescence/absorbance based biochemical assays
- Planning and execution of experiments based on studying established/reported assay protocols, in consultation with a (senior) scientist
- Entering experimental work, analytical results, and conclusions in (electronic) laboratory journal
- Written and verbal reporting of results and sharing important insights from experimental work with
colleagues in the group or project team
- Handling of equipment in a proper and safe way
- Assess availability of all required group reagents for experiments performed in person and in case not
available initiate ordering of the required materials
- Reporting of any anomalies in laboratory, equipment, or procedures to Head of Group
- BSc or MSc with 1-2 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, enzyme assays or other biological/analytical discipline
- Proper basic knowledge on enzymology and biochemical assays
- Experience with biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction analysis, such as SPR technology
(e.g. Biacore) is a plus
- Knowledge in protein chemistry & techniques and handling of proteins is a plus
- Able to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work accurately is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Comfortable working with MS office programs (WORD and EXCEL)
It is fully expected that you can become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of April 2021.