Researcher Assay Development and Screening (BSc/MSc)
25 NOVEMBER 2021
ZoBio (www.zobio.com) was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, Netherlands. We offer innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 38 people covers five fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology, Medicinal Chemistry and Data and Information Sciences.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Assay Development and Screening team with a technical assistant (BSc/MSc level) with 1-2 years’ laboratory experience in biochemical/biophysical assay development and execution.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assay method development, the implementation and characterization of small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects
- Assisting in preparation of buffers, compounds, and microtiter plates for executing SPR assays and fluorescence/absorbance based biochemical assays
- Reporting results and sharing important insights from experimental work with colleagues in the group or project team in both written and verbal form
- Entering experimental work, analytical results, and conclusions in the (electronic) lab journal
- Handling of equipment in a proper and safe way
- Assess availability of all required group reagents for experiments performed in person and in case not available initiate ordering of the required materials
- Reporting of any anomalies in laboratory, equipment, or procedures to Head of Group
- BSc or MSc with 1-2 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, enzyme assays or other biological/analytical discipline
- Basic knowledge on enzymology and biochemical assays is a plus
- Experience with biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction analysis, such as SPR technology (e.g. Biacore) is a plus
- Knowledge in protein chemistry & techniques and handling of proteins is a plus
- Ability to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work accurately is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Comfortable working with the MS office programs Word, PowerPoint and Excel
It is fully expected that you can become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. Please send your CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees at email@example.com with the subject: “Researcher position Assay Development & Screening”.