Technician Assay Development and Screening
1 NOVEMBER 2020
ZoBio was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, Netherlands. We offer innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 27 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Assay Development and Screening team with a technical assistant (BSc/MSc level) with 1-2 years’ laboratory experience in biochemical/biophysical assay development and execution.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assay method development, implementation, and characterization of small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects
- Assisting in preparation of buffers, compounds, and microtiter plates for executing Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) assays, NMR based assays and fluorescence/absorbance based biochemical assays
- Planning and execution of experiments based on studying established/reported assay protocols, in consultation with a (senior) scientist
- Entering experimental work, analytical results, and conclusions in (electronic) laboratory journal
- Written and verbal reporting of results and sharing important insights from experimental work with colleagues in the group or project team
- Handling of equipment in a proper and safe way
- Availability of all required group reagents for experiments performed in person and in case not available initiate ordering of the required materials
- Reporting of any anomalies in laboratory, equipment, or procedures to Head of Group.
- BSc or MSc with 1-2 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, enzyme assays or other biological/analytical discipline
- Proper basic knowledge on enzymology and biochemical assays
- Experience with biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction analysis, such as SPR technology (e.g. Biacore) is a plus
- Knowledge in protein chemistry & techniques and handling of proteins is plus
- Able to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work accurately is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Comfortable working with MS office programs (WORD and EXCEL).
It is fully expected that you can become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of October 2020.