Technician Assay Development and Screening (BSc/MSc)
29 JULY 2021
ZoBio (www.zobio.com) was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, Netherlands. We offer innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 33 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Assay Development and Screening team with a technical assistant (BSc/MSc level) with 1-2 years’ laboratory experience in biochemical/biophysical assay development and execution.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in assay method development, the implementation and characterization of small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects
- Assisting in preparation of buffers, compounds, and microtiter plates for executing SPR assays and fluorescence/absorbance based biochemical assays
- Reporting results and sharing important insights from experimental work with colleagues in the group or project team in both written and verbal form
- Entering experimental work, analytical results, and conclusions in the (electronic) lab journal
- Handling of equipment in a proper and safe way
- Assess availability of all required group reagents for experiments performed in person and in case not available initiate ordering of the required materials
- Reporting of any anomalies in laboratory, equipment, or procedures to Head of Group
- BSc or MSc with 1-2 years of laboratory experience in biochemistry, enzyme assays or other biological/analytical discipline
- Basic knowledge on enzymology and biochemical assays is a plus
- Experience with biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction analysis, such as SPR technology (e.g. Biacore) is a plus
- Knowledge in protein chemistry & techniques and handling of proteins is a plus
- Ability to work in a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work accurately is essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English are essential
- Comfortable working with the MS office programs Word, PowerPoint and Excel
It is fully expected that you can become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled but not later than the end of August 2021.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees at email@example.com with the subject: “Technician position Assay Development & Screening”.