Scientist Assay Development & Screening (MSc/PhD)
26 JULY 2021
ZoBio (www.zobio.com) was founded in 2004 and is located in Leiden, The Netherlands. We offer innovative research services in the field of small-molecule drug discovery to the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Our international team of 32 people covers four fields of expertise: Protein Engineering and Production, Assay Development and Screening, Structural Biology and Medicinal Chemistry.
We are currently looking to strengthen our Assay Development and Screening group with a researcher/scientist (MSc/PhD level) with 2 – 4 years of laboratory experience in biochemical/biophysical assay development and execution.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing and implementing medium throughput biophysical and biochemical assays to characterize small molecule interaction with biological targets for clients’ drug discovery projects
- Planning and executing biophysical and biochemical assays, in consultation with a (senior) scientist
- Reviewing and analyzing scientific results
- Preparing written reports and communicating experimental results verbally to our clients
- Entering experimental work, analytical results, and conclusions in the electronic lab journal
- Leading clients’ drug discovery projects
- Contributing to internal technology development and research projects
- PhD and 2 years of laboratory experience in assay development and screening or MSc and 4 years of industrial experience
- Experience with at least one of the following biophysical methods for protein-ligand interaction analysis (SPR, BLI, NMR, ITC or MST) is essential
- Expertise in enzymology, biochemistry and kinetics
- Experience in working with plate reader for optical assays such as fluorescent intensity, TR-FRET and fluorescent polarization assays is a plus
- Knowledge in protein chemistry & techniques and handling of proteins
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a result-driven, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently, to think thoroughly and to be able to discuss ideas clearly
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Comfortable working with the MS office programs Word, PowerPoint and Excel
It is fully expected that you can become a permanent and integral member of the ZoBio team, after an initial period of 12 months.
A tailored remuneration package will be proposed in line with individual qualifications and experience. The position is immediately available; the evaluation and assessment of candidates will run until the position is filled.
Please send your CV, motivation letter and names of potential referees at <email@example.com> with the subject: “Researcher/Scientist position in Assay Development & Screening group”.